Tek is an Italian company that produces 100% FSC certified wooden brushes, combs and other products that are a must-have item for every hairdresser. With a special attention given to environmental protection, every single component of Tek’s wooden products have been crafted following sustainable principles. Tek’s products combine Made in Italy craftsmanship and technology, without ignoring design and fashion, and have been dedicated to different cosmetic and beauty market areas like beauty salons, perfumery, herbalist’s shops and pharmacies.
Based on an idea of Giulio Valsecchi, TEK was born in 1977 and entered into the Italian market with a patented, unique product: a brush with wooden bristles. The material choice was made on the basis of its highly specific qualities, ideal for beauty and health of both hair and body.
TEK was immediately confirmed as an innovative and award-winning company. Its products were exhibited at the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York City, and the company also received an award in the Honour Selection of the Gran Design International Exposition at The Museum of Science and Technology of Milan. In 2000, to reinforce their leadership in the professional sector, TEK created their TEK Ceramik System: the first brush to use aerospace technology in order to guarantee that professional hairstylists will get the perfect brush. TEK Ceramik brushes are the result of an innovative technology: on the roll there is a unique ceramic silicon carry-over applied by special laser technology.
TEK’s products are 100% hand-made in Italy, and are characterized by high quality standards and a particular attention to design and trend without neglecting the traditional craft that distinguished our country time-after-time.
Made in Italy for TEK is synonymous with:
- Craftmanship: every accessory is handmade by a qualified Italian staff member in order to guarantee an overall production system that works with higher ethical standards, avoiding the use of child labor.
- Attention to details: all items are individually controlled before packaging.
- Attention to the environment: all wood used in the development of products comes from sustainable in an effort to avoid wild deforestation.
- Quality: TEK continues research into new technologies in order to constantly create more innovative products.
- Beauty: a fashionable color palette and a sophisticated design make TEK’s products unique.
TEK doesn’t only produce only under their own brand, but has developed partnerships with renowned companies such as Emporio Armani, L’Oreal, Kerastase, Wella, Victoria’s Secret and many others.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
TEK's research center is constantly developing technologies that will reach new levels of innovation. In 2000, with the birth of the TEK Ceramik System, TEK created the first brush to use aerospace technology that can guarantee a perfect air styling. Today, Ceramik Antibacterial is the first brush to eradicate bacteria in order to better serve professional hair stylists.
CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Tek is also characterized by the environmental awareness present in all the production chain:
- The woods came from responsible and well managed forests
- It’s used a natural “caucciù” rubber to avoid the use of oil derivative
- The finishing part, hand made, is realized on the base of sustainable principles with the use of linen oil and bee wax colored with vegetal aniline.
- The packaging is made of natural carton produced in accordance with the Well Managed Forest that certify that the support carton fiber are coming from forests with integrated sustainable cultivation
All products of the Ceramik The Original line are certified by ISTEC-CNR, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramic Materials – National Research Council, who certify that the products are coated with ceramic material on a base of oxidized aluminum. All TEK’s products are certified FSC, Forest Stewardship Council, mark that identifies the products that contain wood coming from well managed forests following hard environmental, social and economic standards.Tek utilizes Pure Energy, the electricity is certified RECS and participates in the development and research into renewable Energy sources such as solar power, wind power and water power.
The continuing growing into the discover of always new technologies ensures TEK will constantly improve the quality and style of its products, creting beautiful and performant accessories. TEK continues with immense passion to propose to professional hair stylists (B2B) as well as individual clients (B2C) products which are more and more efficient.
TEK IN THE WORLD
Abroad, where the “Made in Italy” is a guarantee of high-quality products and beauty, the TEK’s products have been accepted with enthusiasm; TEK is in more than 20 nations in all the five continents, TEK has been able to spread its love for the beauty and health of hair and for the nature all over the world.